Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Books are awesome!

When I was little I learned to read about at the age of 6.  I used to think books were OK, but now I don't just take them for granted.  Now, I usually finish books by  3-4 weeks.  Reading, especially nonfiction books obviously helps the brain learn new vocabulary, new topics, and personally  I just think its fun.  Everyday if you have time, you should sit down for at least 15 minutes and read.  If you like to read fiction better than nonfiction thats fine. Some people at my public school a year ago( I'm home schooled now) could barely read aloud when they were asked by the teacher.  If reading is not your thing than music practice is good too.  I have been playing the piano for 7 years and my sister has been playing the violin for 5 years.  Music practice helps the brain memorize new things not just music notes but maybe you'll get faster on your keyboard as well!  I have a wonderful piano teacher, Mrs.Lilly who's from Russia, its really cool to hear her speak Russian sometimes outside of the lesson.  If you have an instrument or some kind of book, it would be great if you could take a couple of minutes to practice music or read!
Hope you enjoyed!

-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment