Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Skates!!

Last Sunday I had my solo ice skating competition.  I was competing with 8 people in total (me as one of them.) Well, I took 4th place.  Mostly because I was not going very fast I guess.  Anyway usually I leave my skates at the ice rink that I go to.  But after the competition we thought might as well just bring them home for now and not make another trip to our ice rink.  Apparently that wasn't a very smart idea.  Yesterday morning at 6:00 A.M. my mom woke  me up and said its time to go to the rink.  This wasn't unusual because we occasionally did this on two days of the week.  So we got in the car.  My mom kept telling me all of the stuff I needed to work on that morning.  I nodded in agreement as we finally pulled into the rink.  As we got inside we went into the room were I always leave my skates.  "Oh my gosh were are my skates??"  My mom looked at me wide eyed.  We both new what happened at the same time.  "No, no, no, no!" she said.  "How could you leave your skates?"  I frowned clumsily and shrugged.  "How was I supposed to remember?"  "Because its your responsibility" she said seriously.    I sighed and said "Yeah your right".  While she went out to teach one of her students I had to stretch the whole time she was teaching.  My mom wanted me to do the splits, run around the rink 20 times and do  jumping jacks.  By the time she got off with her student I was panting after doing so many jumping jacks.  I smiled at her and I said "I'm never doing that again."  She happily smiled back.

Thanks
Alyssa

1 comment: