Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween

"Halloween would be really special this year" I thought for some reason.  Before, I didn't know if I would trick or treat this year, but I hadn't had candy for what felt like a lifetime so I had to go.  I didn't feel like being creative so I just dressed up as an ice skater (which is good because we already had all of the stuff to dress up for being one.)  My friend called me and asked if I wanted to go trick or treating with her.  I gladly accepted .  Our neighborhood has a little forest in the middle where people can walk through.  This Halloween there was something in the woods that was supposed to be really scary.  I really didn't want to go but my friend did.  I told her if we trick or treated for a while then maybe we could check it out.  She agreed.  So we started collecting candy putting it in our bags (pillow cases).  After a while of trick or treating my friend asked if we could go in the forest now.  I looked into the woods, it was dark and gloomy and really spooky.  My friend looked at me pleading me with her eyes to go in.  "OK".  I said in a unsure shaky voice.  We walked through the woods the wind blowing through the trees making it sound like a dramatic horror movie.  There were a couple candles on the ground leading the way to the end.  At the end their was a woman dressed up as a witch with a bucket of candy.  "Are you kidding me?" I think to myself.  I was so scared in there and this is all it turned out to be?!!  "Thank you" we told the lady and walked off.  "I thought it was supposed to be a little more scary then that" I told my friend.  "Me too" she said.  We kept on filling our bags with candy until I realized it was starting to get really heavy.  In one of the driveway's I stepped on something.  It started squeaking really loudly and my friend and I jumped back screaming and laughing.  It must have been a small field mouse or something because we saw it scamper away.  We were getting so tired we thought that maybe we should turn back now.  As soon as we got back to my friends house, we dumped out all of our candy on the floor.  Our eyes were wide and our and smile was huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment