Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Q!

We skated at the Q on February 12th.  As I said in an earlier post we were skating to the song "I will Follow Him" from Sister Act.  We had to perform in front of at least 5,000 people.  My stomach was aching and my arms and legs were shaking just thinking about it.  Early that morning we practiced our routine a couple of times a few hours before the Q performance.  Sadly one of our team members couldn't make it because she was sick :(.  So now we only had eight people on our team.  (Like nine wasn't already like the smallest team you could get!)  Anyway we had to practice without her, and we finally found a way for the program to still look good even though she wasn't there.  We got to the Q a little early but it gave us all enough time to compose ourselves.(Getting there early didn't really help just to tell ya.)  Anyway about 20 minutes before the performance we were all busying ourselves getting our skates + nun costumes on.  Finally when we were all ready, we headed out to the clear, slippery ice.  As soon as we got on I felt like I was going to fall over.  My legs practically just gave out.  I WAS SO NERVOUS!  We all got into our starting positions and waited for our music to start.  As soon as it started I felt like this was just another practice session.  Everyone in the team  was smiling.  Some of us couldn't resist the urge to look up at ourselves on the jumbo tron.  I was one of them who did.  I would say we had a great time.  It was all good except for the fact that we ended just a little early, but other than that it was one of the best performances we had ever done!!

Thanks
Alyssa

1 comment: