Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Spilling Spaghetti!

Yesterday was a very long day.  We got home very late from the ice rink because my mom had an important meeting.  We were at the rink from 3:00-7:00 pm.  We drove home in the dark all tired and cold.  When we got home I said "I know it's really late but can't we have something other than cereal tonight?  Something like... spaghetti!" My mom's eyes were drooping but we all seemed to want to shake things up a little.
"If you guys can help me make dinner we can eat spaghetti tonight".  "Sure!"  we say.  I turn on the stove and watch the water boil.  The clock is ticking faster and faster and the pot seems not to be boiling at all.  My mom told me a watched pot never boils.  That's really true I think.  So I go into the dining room and just sit there waiting.. waiting... waiting..
I'm about to fall asleep when my mom yells "It's boiled!"  I run in and practically claw the spaghetti noodles out of the box and  toss them into the steaming pot.  A couple minutes later the noodles are totally perfect and soft.  My mom gets out the strainer and pours the noodles in.  All the water pours out into the sink.  Just as my mom is about to place all of noodles in a nicer bowl I accidentally trip and fall into my mom.  She holds out her hands trying to catch the flying noodles into the bowl.  She catches about five.  All the rest fall onto the floor.
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry mom!"  I said.  When I look at her she's laughing.
"No, no it's fine its my fault too I couldn't catch the noodles in time".
"Oh well, still, sorry".  I say.  My mom says alright lets make another batch.  It feels so long until finally the food is on the table.  So we all sit down eating and laughing about our spaghetti incident.

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment